Friday, February 11, 2011

Dog Days Are Oh-vuh-er!

I had no sublimal message for putting that song as the post's title. It's just that I'm listening to the radio and that's the song that just started playing. And I have a really hard time thinking of other songs while I'm already listening to one. Hm. Anyway.

Today was "IB Day" at the high school I will be attending next year! (The one I'm going to for the first 2 periods this year...) I got to skip the most horribly dull classes of my day (math - where we learn nothing, French - which moves so dang slowly, and science - where my teacher SUCKS with a capital SUCKS) to watch IB classes...in action! *cue the applause*

I got to visit IB Chemistry (what the heck is "titrating vinegar?" Anybody know??), Pre-IB World History (where I saw my friend! Yay!), and IB Visual Arts. That was pretty cool, even though I know I am incapable of ever creating anything that artistically accomplished. I'm a music person. Concertos are my thing.

Speaking of which, tomorrow I will be FINISHED FOREVER with Accolay! And that lazy pianist. But next time I get to play the de Beriot concerto (no. 9, if any of y'all want to look it up on Youtube or something) AND a Mozart concerto (number 3, for all of you youtubing types)! Is it catastrophic that, as a musician, I legitly DON'T. LIKE. MOZART?!?!?! It seems horrible, but I just don't! I've played several different things by him, and he's just not that awesome! What's all the hype about? If you know a really cool Mozart piece that actually supports his reputation, by all means, send me a link.

Peace out! And wish me luck for my solo tomorrow *crosses fingers*
Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment